Child Visitation

Fathers'child visitationJust because a child does not live with both parents doesn’t mean that both parent shouldn’t be involved in the child’s life. It is important that the parents are able to work out a child visitation agreement that is fair. It should also be safe for the child.

The legal representation can make sure that all of the terms of the child visitation are written into a visitation agreement. These included areas such as how often a child stays with a parent, where the child lives and specific a holiday schedule. It can include the way that the child is transferred from the custody of one parent to the other. In some cases, it can also include supervised visitation.

It is vital that all of the terms of the agreement are clearly spelled out so that there is no question of what will happen with the child. It is important to seek legal assistance if the visitation agreement is being violated. Reaching a child visitation agreement that focuses on the child often times requires the parents to put aside some emotions to come up with the best plan for the child. Child custody lawyers and divorce attorneys can help formalize visitation agreements and file them with the courts making them enforceable.

Mothers'child visitationPeople often have the following types of questions:

  • What is child visitation?
  • Who gets visitation rights?
  • What is the difference between visitation and possession or access?
  • Do grandparents have visitation rights?
  • What is a non-custodial parent?
  • What is a parenting plan?
  • What is the difference between child visitation and child custody?
  • How does child visitation compare to child custody?
  • How is child visitation enforced?
  • What do I do if I don’t get to see my child?
  • What can I do if I am denied visitation with my child?
  • What does supervised visitation mean?
  • What is supervised visitation?
  • How is supervised visitation different from regular child visitation?
  • Who supervises supervised visitation?
  • Why do I have to have supervised visitation?
  • How can I put my child’s father on supervised visitation?
  • Why don’t mothers get visitation?
English | Español

Child Visitation Assistance
can be contacted by
phone or text at 214-390-7300
We can help!